There is now a lot of publicity about the Unitary ballot and not all of it helpful. Many people are angry about the short consultation period andÃ‚Â the general lack of unbiased information.
I am very angry about the way the ballot has been handled and the distorted view that has been presented to the public.
Vote in favour of Unitary.
Here are the facts, as I see them that indicated Unitary is the only way to go:
- ‘No change’ is not a option. Only unitary offers sufficient scope to adjust to the future needs of Shropshire and absorb the future burdens impose by Government.
- Only Unitary will give Shropshire a strong enough voice to stand up to the Government and safe guard the needs of local Shropshire people.Ã‚Â
- Council Tax would be less under Unitary.
- Savings (SCC predict over Ã‚Â£36.6m in the first 4 years) would have a compound effect,Ã‚Â growing year on year, when compared to the status quo.
- What BDC don’t tell you is that if you opt for the status quo it will go up considerably higher, also compounded for years to come.
- No affordable housing for local people to allow them to live in the community where they grew up.
- Economic Development. A poor record of long term sustainable development to bring new money to the area.
Ask yourself the following questions before you vote for the status qou:
- If BDC closed tomorrow, would you notice?Ã‚Â
- Over the 12 years, which Council has the most appalling track record… Shropshire CC or Bridgnorth DC? You only have to read the pages of the Bridgnorth Journal to work that out. BDC
- Which council installed new pay & display machines at a height for disabled access & too low for able bodied people, when disabled people don’t have to pay to use the car parks? BDC
- Which Council has built 0 affordable houses last year? BDC
- Which Council introduced the assisted rubbish collection scheme & wrote to pensionersÃ‚Â telling them they would write to their GPs to determine eligibility in a very insensitive manner?Ã‚Â BDC
- Which Council was the last in the country to get a website? BDC
… you get the idea!